“This Festival attracts a crazed bunch of misfits, visionaries – and terribly creative people.”
– Scott Hillier, President of ÉCU – The European Independent Film Festival.
ÉCU 2023 TEAM
|Scott Hillier||Rodrigo Estrada||Uliana Zhigalova||Ats Õispuu|
|Fanni Zsófi Baranyi||Celia Carmona Carrera||Ada Gabor||Vasiliki Anagnou|
|Ecem Sinay||Adrian Butcaru||Clarissa Macinai||Tjasa Steblaj|
|Victor Gradea||Giada Mancini||Nele Riemer||Aylin Özkan|
|Wanmei Zhao||Martina Mazzucato||Siyani Gunesan||Andreea Gălăteanu|
|Harry Donoghue||Kate Peddicord||Alina Bilinova||Camilla Zurru|
|Julia Marmitt||Marta Bonati||Dziyana Valynets||Giulia Barnabò|
|Natalia Vossou||Serena Pigliapoco||Chloe Werner|
Join our team!
If you are passionate about cinema and learning more about the film world, ÉCU is offering an exciting opportunity that may interest you!
For the last nineteen years, we at ÉCU have created an innovative and successful event that has brought together filmmakers from all over the world. We pride ourselves in building a festival that attracts and showcases diverse and unique projects, giving a platform to independent talent. If you are curious about the behind-the-scenes of one of the largest independent film festivals in Europe, then consider joining our team!
Every year ÉCU offers an unpaid internship to creative and talented individuals who are willing to work hard and have fun! It is an exciting way to take a look into the industry and learn directly from people who are working in it.
We offer a flexible program that allows you to develop the skills you already have, but also allows you to be trained in other areas that interest you!
These are just a few of the areas we look to train our interns in:
- Social Media Management and Marketing
- Events Management
- Video Production and Editing
- Graphic Design
- Website development
- Human Resources / Copyright
- Journalism and Content Creators
- And much more!
- Experience in film creation (Final cut Pro premiere, Da Vinci, Adobe), website editing and upkeep (WordPress and Elementor) Graphic Designer (Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator);
- Photographic / Video skills;
- English minimum B1 level. We do not ask for a language certificate but the intern should speak good English. French is not required but appreciated. All language skills are welcome;
- Team working skills;
- Being proactive, show initiative and eagerness to learn.
What we offer:
- Work within an international team (people from Australia, Italy, Portugal, México, the UK, USA, Ukraine, and many more…);
- 35 hours per week schedule, working from 09:45 – 17:00, Monday to Friday;
- Workspace in central Paris located close to the Arc de Triomphe;
- Regular monitoring and evaluation of your performance;
- Learning from peers and direct supervisor;
- Develop and encourage creativeness;
- Attending events connected to filmmaking;
- Meet people who work in the film industry (directors/ sound editors, producers, editors and filmmakers…);
- A safe space for improving your skills and learning new ones;
- Performance based references.
We do NOT offer:
- Monetary remuneration;
- Coverage on transport or food expenses;
- Managing/obtaining a visa or other traveling documents.
If you are willing to learn, work hard, and meet new people, all while having fun, consider applying by sending your CV and a short motivational letter to internships (@) ecufilmfestival.com.
Working remotely is possible on specific cases and working hours are flexible, but we ask for solid commitment and good communication with the supervisors to build a strong team.
Important part of the European Independent Film Festival is Mr Léon Desclozeaux, who has been an ÉCU’s Godfather since 2015.
Léon Desclozeaux was born on March 3, 1951, in Paris, France as Bernard Desclozeaux. He is a producer and director, known for Chittagong: The Last Stopover (2000), Mora (1982) and Tokyo detective (1985).